Ball-Grip™ Chucks are used for first operation roughing and/or second operation finishing. Our basic chuck is modified to suit machine mounting, the need for coolant and/or air thru, and mounting for top tooling which is designed to our customer’s part and machining requirements. Our Ball-Grip™ chucks are available in standard sizes up to 33″ (838.2mm) and special sizes up to 79″ (2m). Larger sizes available upon request.
Basic Standard Style Options:
- Two, Three, Four, and Six Jaw Chucks
- Internal and External Chucking
- Centralizing, Compensating, Centralizing-Compensating, and Equalizing/Centralizing chucking mode.
- Pull Down or Pull-Back Action – Assist in providing positive location against work stop.
- Jaw Swivel (Homing) – Jaw compensates for part variation insuring 2 point contact with each jaw.
- Jaw Travel – Increased jaw travel enhances part loading and tolerance variations.
- Sealed Design – Sealed slides significantly reduce costly maintenance and resulting down time.
- Ball Joint Construction – Power mechanism operates within a sealed unit of high pressure lubricant.
- High Power Ratio – Higher gripping force with less input resulting in longer chuck life.
- Differential Chucking – Chuck allows for High-Low pressure chucking.
- Coolant and/or Air thru center bore.
- Quick change External/Internal chucking available for two and three jaw chucks.
- Quick change Jaw Mounting for rapidly changing work piece tooling.
- “W” series Platform style Jaw Mounting available to mount customers existing tooling.
- Counter Centrifugal option counteracts the negative effect of centrifugal force to accommodate high speed applications.
- All Ball-Grip™ chucks are push-pull drawbar operated. Self contained cylinder and spring actuated options are available as specials.
- Chuck Jaw Types include inserted and serrated jaws utilized on raw castings and smooth jaws utilized on machined surfaces.
Two or Three Jaw Centralizing Ball Grip™ Chuck
Chuck centers the workpiece.
Two or Three Jaw Compensating Ball Grip™ Chuck
Chuck jaws individually locate on part diameter.
Four Jaw Centralizing, Equalizing Ball Grip™ Chuck
Chuck centers work piece in two planes with jaws distributing clamping force equally to eight contact points on the work piece.
Six Jaw Centralizing, Equalizing Ball Grip™ Chuck
Chuck centers work piece with jaws distributing clamping force equally to twelve contact points on the work piece. Grips thin wall work pieces with minimal distortion at a single chucking pressure.